This AutoInstruct guide will show you how to remove the front strut assembly on a VE or VF Commodore. This process is relatively easy, with only basic tools required.
- Adjustable Spanner / Spanner Set
- Socket Set
- OEM replacement nuts and bolts
AutoInstruct will not be held responsible for damage to your vehicle or personal injury / death as a result of the information we provide.
In this stage we will remove the brake line and wheel speed sensor cable from the strut bracket.
- Rotate the brake line 90 degrees (This aligns a notch on the brake line with the square slot, allowing you to remove it)
- Pull the brake line out of the bracket
- Un-clip the sensor wire
- Pull the sensor wire off the bracket
Whilst supporting the strut from within the wheel arch, undo the strut nut and remove the strut hat. The strut will now be free from the vehicle.
Nice Work! The strut removal is now complete.
Are you looking to disassemble the strut to install new springs, shocks or perhaps both? See our guide on Front Strut Disassembly!