034 Motorsport Engine/Transmission Mount Pair - VW Mk5 / Mk6 & Audi 8J / 8P
034Motorsport’s Performance Mounts for MkV/MkVI Volkswagen & 8J/8P Audi models are are the new standard in track performance. Our mounts are designed with performance in mind, and manufactured from billet aluminum and high-durometer rubber for increased performance and durability, while maintaining better ride characteristics than polyurethane alternatives. Motorsport Mounts are void-free and fluid-free, eliminating the slop associated with the factory engine/transmission mounts, and are designed to be completely rebuildable with replaceable rubber bushings.
These mounts were thoroughly tested in-house on the Christian@034’s Stage 3 Audi A3 2.0 TSI and refined on the track and street before release. Some increase in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) transfer into the cabin is to be expected with these mounts, as they are designed to drastically limit engine movement versus the factory parts.
- Manufactured from T6-6061 Billet Aluminum
- Replaceable 65 Durometer Rubber Bushings with Void-Free Construction
- Reduced Drivetrain Slop
- Decreased Engine Movement Under Load
- More Direct Power Transfer
- Improved Shifting Feel
- Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Engine/Transmission Mounts
- Sold in Pairs!
Additional Product Information:
- Please Note: We recommend having these mounts installed by an experienced mechanic. The installation process is the same as the factory mount remove and replace procedure.
- 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)
High-Durometer Rubber vs. Polyurethane:
Density Line Mounts are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanised rubber mounts are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.
Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for applications that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.
Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance.