Forge Motorsport Twintercooler - Golf Mk7 GTI
Moving on from our tried and tested Twintercooler setup on the Mk5 and Mk6, this intercooler has been designed to run in parallel with the stock core, or if you prefer for the ultimate cooling solution you can use it with our FMMK7FMIC intercooler (which mounts in the stock location and offers much improved cooling by itself). The Twintercooler core sits out in front of the standard radiator/intercooler/air con condensor pack and as such is in the direct line of all the cold air coming in the front of the car through the main lower grille. This core is absolutely proven on road and track cars and continues to be an excellent and worthwhile addition to a stock or tuned VW.
Once again we have proven data on dyno and road showing that the twintercooler core by itself with no other modifications gave a huge 20 deg C (69 deg F) drop in temperatures. Comparison runs were carried out on the same day on the same dyno and in ambient temperatures of 6 deg C (42 deg F). See one of the standard run and the Forge Twintercooler run for yourself. Power and torque increased a little but bear in mind that these engines are only supposed to output 220bhp, yes we have seen them range from 230- 250bhp completely stock, and there are various limitations imposed on the stock ECU. Once remaps are available for this car the power available from the much lower intake temperatures will be able to be fully realised.
No bumper modification is necessary to fit this intercooler*. All parts needed and full instructions are included, and total installation time is less than 2 hours.
Please Note – This will not fit if your vehicle if it has Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) radar sensor.
- World’s first “Twintercooler “ technology.
- Unique Twin Core design retaining the OEM intercooler.
- 10-15 BHP increase on a stock car.
- Over 15 -20 Degree drop in ambient cooling temperatures
- Includes necessary hardware and instructions for installation.
- Dyno proven horsepower and torque gains
- High flow cast end tanks ensuring optimum air transition for cooling efficiency
- NO CUTTING of the vehicle is required to fit this product
- The unique Forge Silicon hoses supplied in the “Twintercooler “ kit were designed on Solid works and have been created to include an expensive inner liner of modified silicone known as Flurosilicone.
- This liner means that the hoses are suitable for use with modern long-life coolants, Organic Acid Technology coolants (O.A.T.) and oil mist.
- The use of a Flurosilicone liner ensures that Forge silicone hoses are the best, longest lasting, and preferred choice of the discerning car enthusiasts.
- The construction of the hoses has been engineered to exceed that of the OEM fitments, and will enhance any engine bay both technically and aesthetically.
- This product has been “designed to last a lifetime “
- Beware of “Forgeries”
PLEASE NOTE: THE ORIGINAL O-RINGS/SEALS MUST BE RETAINED FOR USE ON THE FORGE HOSES