Burger Motorsports JB4 Performance Tune – BMW B38 / B46 / B48 / B58
Burger Motorsports JB4 Performance Tune – BMW B38 / B46 / B48 / B58
Burger Motorsports JB4 Plug-in performance tune for BMW cars with the B46, B48 or B58 Engine.
Power gains of up to 100hp on a stock vehicle without the risks of flashing!
The JB4 is the most advanced and highly featured tuning system available for your B58 and B48 vehicle. Power gains are up to 80hp to the wheels (100hp crank) on a completely stock car on pump gas for a B58, and up to 40hp to the wheels (55hp crank) for a B48, gains with bolt-on parts, higher octane, E85 mixtures, and larger turbos are even higher.
The JB4 features a simple plug & play installation harness for easy installation & removal and includes many features not found with any other tune. Including on the fly in-dash map switching between factory and various performance maps, optional in-dash gauge displays for boost, boost limiting by gear for improved traction in lower gears, progressive water/methanol support, built-in data logging, built-in code reading, optional direct EWG control to prevent throttle closure with exhaust modifications, exhaust flapper control, and much more. Other more expensive tuners may claim to equal the JB4’s technology but upon closer examination lack most if not all of the JB4’s features.
Remember the JB4 does not require any additional modifications or previous stages. Simply install the JB4 as your first and only modification and enjoy an entirely new fast and smooth racing experience. The JB4 also does not require any user setup or customization, but for those who are interested in logging, adding new features as we post them, etc, we suggest the BMS DATA cable or REV3 mobile phone adapter. The JB4 automatically detects between the B46, B48, and B58 models at boot up making installation and setup a snap.
JB4 Map Guide:
Map0: Stock tuning, fully disable JB4
Map1: 3psi over stock added (91 octane)
Map2: 4psi over stock added (91-93 octane)
Map3: 6psi over stock added (93+ octane)
Map4: Absolute target map with peak target of 20psi (93+ and/or 30% E85, EWG connector suggested)
Map5: Absolute target map with peak target of 22psi (30% E85+ fuel, EWG connector suggested)
Map6: Custom tuning map — see details on JB4tech.com B58 JB4 page
Map7: Progressive WMI map with tuning a function of meth flow and user-defined boost additive.
Map8: VALET / Low Boost Map
Note for 2018-present G chassis vehicles with the digital dash layout we have not yet added in the JB4 commands to allow in-dash control but will provide those via a free firmware update once developed. Until then a JB4 mobile adapter or BMS data cable is required for any map and setting changes.
This B58 JB4 model is compatible with all GEN1 and GEN2 B58 motors. For the newest B58TU2 GEN3 motor refer to this product page.
JB4_B58 is CARB Approved Under Executive Order (EO) No.D-744-4 for all 2016-2018 BMW 230i, 330i, 430i, 530i, 340i, 440i, 740i, M240i, and X1 applications.
Wirelessly connect the JB4 to your Bluetooth 4.0 compatible iOS and Android device via the JB4 Mobile connect kit or to your Windows laptop with the BMS data cable. Both options allow you to record and analyze vehicle and tuning data, change JB4 performance maps, and update JB4 firmware as we release free newer versions with updates, more powerful maps, and new features under development. A separate JB4 Mobile app purchase is also required.
What is a JB4?
The JB4 is a plug & play tune available for turbocharged vehicles. The JB4 tuner installs between your car’s sensors and the DME/ECU (computer) and manipulates vehicle performance through these connections making your vehicle much faster. While it’s not the only tuning system that operates this way the JB4 separates itself from the competition with much more advanced connection points and processing including CANbus, fuel & spark control, Bluetooth to your smartphone, and a variety of innovative and advanced features not possible with any other system. BMS regularly publishes free mapping and firmware updates adding performance and features as ongoing development allows. In addition, the JB4 system is not VIN-locked to your vehicle and can quickly be removed and swapped between cars or resold at a later time. Often imitated but never duplicated the JB4 has been the gold standard in plug and play turbocharged performance tuning for over a decade.
Stock vs. JB4 DYNO RESULTS
2020 BMW B58 M340i JB4 + BMS B58 Competition Intake and E30
2016 BMW 340xi B58, JB4, no other mods, 93 Octane vs E30
2020 B58 Powered BMW Z4 Dyno – 490whp with JB4 Map 5 and E40 mixture
2017 BMW 230i with B48 Engine, JB4
JB4 Power Gains, Features, & Benefits
• Power gains of up to 100hp to the wheels on a stock vehicle
• Improves 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times
• Preloaded with custom JB4 BMW tuning software and up to 8 maps for various fuel and modification levels
• Ethanol (E85) compatible tuning maps
• Able to read/delete fault codes
• View and record up to 40 different gauges/engine parameters in real time with the JB4 app.
• Boost by gear in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd can be controlled via the JB4 app for a perfect launch
• Exhaust flap operation can be controlled in most JB4 applications
• Compatible with JB4 Mobile for smartphone logging, tuning changes, and adjustment
• The JB4 offers a lot more performance, functionality, and safety than your average performance chip
• Quick Plug & Play Installation
• CANbus OBDII integration offering unrivaled tuning features and performance
• Improved performance over non-integrated chip tunes
• Runs as smoothly as stock, this is how your vehicle should have come from the factory
• Compatible with all driving modes
• Fuel economy unchanged during normal driving
• 91 octane fuel or better required for performance gains
• Not VIN locked and can be removed without a trace and resold down the road
• Includes the rugged JB4 billet aluminum enclosure for protection
• Made in the USA
• 5-year warranty
Manufacturer Specified Fitment
BMW 1 Series
• 2020-Present F40 B48 BMW 128ti
• 2019-Present F40 B48 BMW M135i
• 2019-2019 F40 B38 BMW 118i
• 2015-2019 F20/F21 B58 BMW M140i
• 2016-2019 F20/F21 B48 BMW 120i, 125i
• 2015-2019 F20/F21 B38 BMW 116i, 118i
BMW 2 Series
• 2022-Present G42 B58 BMW M240i including xDrive
• 2022-Present G42 B48 BMW 220i, 230i
• 2016-2021 F22 F23 B58 BMW M240i including xDrive
• 2017-2021 F22 F23 B48 BMW 230i including xDrive
• 2017-2021 F22 F23 B48 BMW 225i including xDrive
• 2017-2021 F22 F23 B46 BMW 220i including xDrive
• 2015-2021 F22 F23 B38 BMW 218i
• 2015-2021 F45 F46 B38 BMW 216i Active tourer and GT
• 2014-2020 F45 F46 B38 BMW 218i, 220i Active tourer and GT
• 2019-Present F44 B48 BMW M235i Gran Coupé including xDrive
BMW 3 Series
• 2020-Present G20 G21 B58 BMW M340i including xDrive
• 2019-Present G20 G21 B46 B48 BMW 318i, 320i, 320Li, 320e, 330i, 330e, 320Li including xDrive
• 2016-2018 F30 B58 BMW 340i including xDrive
• 2016-2018 F30 B48 BMW 330i, 330e including xDrive
• 2016-2018 F30 B48 BMW 325i including xDrive
• 2016-2018 F30 B46 BMW 320i including xDrive
• 2016-2018 F30 B46 BMW 318i including xDrive
BMW 4 Series
• 2021-Present G22 G23 G26 B58 BMW M440i including Gran Coupe and xDrive
• 2021-Present G22 G23 G26 B48 BMW 420i, 430i including Gran Coupe and xDrive
• 2016-2020 F32 F33 F36 B58 BMW 440i including Gran Coupe and xDrive
• 2016-2020 F32 F33 F36 B48 BMW 430i including Gran Coupe and xDrive
• 2016-2020 F32 F33 F36 B48 BMW 425i including xDrive
• 2016-2020 F32 F33 F36 B46 BMW 420i including xDrive
• 2016-2020 F32 F33 F36 B38 BMW 418i
BMW 5 Series
• 2017-Present G30 B58 BMW 540i including xDrive
• 2017-Present G30 B46 BMW B48 530i 530e including xDrive
• 2021-Present G30 BMW 545e
BMW 6 Series
• 2018-Present G32 G33 B48 B58 BMW 630i 640i including xDrive
BMW 7 Series
• 2016-2022 G11 G12 B58 BMW 740i including xDrive
• 2016-2022 G11 G12 B48 BMW 730i including xDrive
BMW 8 Series
• 2020-Present G15 G14 G16 B58 BMW 840i including Gran Coupe and xDrive
BMW X Series
• 2016-2022 F48 B46 B48 BMW X1 28i including xDrive
• 2018-Present F47 B46 B48 BMW X2 28i including xDrive
• 2018-Present G01 B48 B58 BMW X3 2.0i, X3 3.0i, X3 M40i including xDrive
• 2019-Present G02 B48 B58 BMW X4 2.0i, X4 3.0i, X4 M40i including xDrive
• 2019-2022 G05 B58 BMW X5 40i including xDrive
• 2021-2022 G05 B48 BMW X5 45e including xDrive
• 2020-Present G06 B58 X6 40i xDrive
• 2019-2022 G07 B58 BMW X7 40i including xDrive
• 2019-Present G29 B58 BMW Z4 M40i
• 2019-Present G29 B46 B48 BMW Z4 30i and Z4 20i
This vehicle fitment list has been provided as a guideline only. Please check the product description for exact vehicle compatibility.