AutoInstruct presents a tutorial on how to remove the front door trims on a VE Commodore.
For removal of the rear door trims, see our tutorial here.
- TORX Driver Set
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Small Flathead Screwdriver
Before we start, the following image will show you what to expect.
- The red circles signify basic clips which will be released when you pull on the door trim.
- The orange rectangles are flat clips which are somewhat difficult to remove. These will be released after the red clips.
Using a small flathead screwdriver, gently pop off this cover. Behind you will find a screw, remove it using a suitable TORX Driver.
Remove the three screws located on the bottom of the door trim. Then you will need to remove the screw located under the handle (Orange circle)
Remove the two screws located on the inner edge of the door trim.
This step is the most difficult of the removal process.
- Pull firmly on the handle and base of the door trim to release all the RED clips.
- The door will now act as a hinge on the remaining ORANGE clips. Working from the outermost edge of the door, pry each clip off with a screwdriver or a firm pull. It is easy to access each clip by looking underneath the door trim.
Release the lock mechanism by unclipping both yellow connectors.
Each wire can now be pulled out of the lock mechanism. The door trim can now be removed.
With the trim removed from the door we can see:
- Standard clips (Red)
- Flat clips (Orange)
- Alignment pins (Green)
To reinstall simply reverse the process. If any clips remained attached to the door, be sure to remove them and re-attach to the trim piece before reinstallation.