AutoInstruct presents a tutorial on how to remove the rear door trims on a VE Commodore.
For removal of the front door trims, see our tutorial here.
- TORX Driver Set
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Small Flathead Screwdriver
Before we start, the following image will show you what to expect.
- The red circles signify basic clips which will be released when you pull on the door trim in Step 5.
- The orange circles are flat clips which are somewhat difficult to remove. These will be released after the red clips.
Using a small flathead screwdriver, gently pop off this cover.
Remove this screw using a suitable TORX Driver.
Remove the two screws located on the bottom of the door trim.
Remove the two screws located under the handle.
This step is the most difficult of the removal process.
- Pull firmly on the handle and base of the door trim to release all the RED clips.
- The door will now act as a hinge on the remaining ORANGE clips. Working from the outermost edge of the door, pry each clip off with a screwdriver or a firm pull. It is easy to access each clip by looking underneath the door trim.
Release the lock mechanism by unclipping both yellow connectors.
Each wire can now be pulled out of the lock mechanism.
Unplug the wiring loom. The trim is now free from the door.
With the trim removed from the door we can see:
- Standard clips (Red)
- Flat clips (Orange)
- Alignment pins (Green)
To reinstall simply reverse the process. If any clips remained attached to the door, be sure to remove them and re-attach to the trim piece before reinstallation.