AutoInstruct presents a tutorial on how to remove the rear door trims on a VE Commodore.
For removal of the front door trims, see our tutorial here.
- TORX Driver Set
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Small Flathead Screwdriver
Before we start, the following image will show you what to expect.
- The red circles signify basic clips which will be released when you pull on the door trim in Step 5.
- The orange circles are flat clips which are somewhat difficult to remove. These will be released after the red clips.
This step is the most difficult of the removal process.
- Pull firmly on the handle and base of the door trim to release all the RED clips.
- The door will now act as a hinge on the remaining ORANGE clips. Working from the outermost edge of the door, pry each clip off with a screwdriver or a firm pull. It is easy to access each clip by looking underneath the door trim.
With the trim removed from the door we can see:
- Standard clips (Red)
- Flat clips (Orange)
- Alignment pins (Green)
To reinstall simply reverse the process. If any clips remained attached to the door, be sure to remove them and re-attach to the trim piece before reinstallation.